As parents, you strive to help your children as much as possible. Despite your best efforts, however, you may see them struggling in some areas. These struggles may occur early in a child’s development, manifested as difficulty understanding directions, learning to read or managing social interactions. For others, the challenge may arise as a child progresses in age, whether it involves reading comprehension, completing tests in the allotted time period, attending to tasks or organizing tasks and materials.
Despite assistance, these struggles may persist, leaving parents, children and teachers feeling frustrated or helpless. Under those circumstances, a psychoeducational evaluation may open the door to greater understanding of your child by everyone involved and help point the way toward solutions. Our evaluations help determine if your child has a learning difference, or other issues that negatively impact his or her ability to learn. We want to help your family understand how your child learns.
Our highly qualified staff uses evidence based practices, resources, and implemented with discretion and fidelity. The comprehensive testing is not only for treatment, but for academic accommodations and self knowledge. We want to build trust and respect among families. Accepting students ages 5 through 21, private pay only.
•Start Here. Your child is struggling, and you don’t know why. The only way to get a full picture is to have your child evaluated. This is not an easy decision. You may worry about stigma, or labeling. You may even wonder if your child’s difficulties are serious enough for an assessment. An initial consultation with Jamie is a good place to start putting the puzzle together.
- 1 Hour Sessions, $125 per hour.
• Our Screeners may include testing for Dyslexia, Autism, ADHD & other learning differences.
- intelligence testing
- processing speed, working memory
- achievement testing in basic reading, reading comprehension, reading fluency
- behavior analysis/checklists
- Screeners does not include a diagnosis and therefore will not qualify for ACT/SAT or school accommodations.
- Fee is $499 which includes a 4 hour screener and 1 hour results meeting.
• If our school psychologist recommends more testing is needed at your screener results meeting, they will suggest moving forward with a complete evaluation.
- Comprehensive Intelligence, Memory, and Achievement Testing in all Academic Areas.
- Computerized Attention Assessment.processing speed, working memory
- Behavior/Emotional/Social Assessment.
- Comprehensive testing of all neuropsychological processing areas appropriate, such as processing speed, visual-motor skills, visual-preceptual skills, auditory processing skills, phonological processing skills, attention/concentration skills, oral language.
- Comprehensive report with diagnosis and suggestions for intervention. The complete evaluation DOES qualify for school and ACT/SAT accommodations.
- Fee is $999 which includes a 4 hour screener plus 1 hour results meeting.
• If your child has been tested at our office before the age of 16, you can get an adult assessment. You must have adult level assessments to qualify for college/university accommodations.
- Fee is $699 which includes a 4 hour screener and 1 hour results meeting.