Sometimes it can be difficult to complete your reading assignments for novels or plays if you don't have enough class time to go through the chapters and discuss what is happening in the plot. Here at Jamie Dickenson, we understand the plight of the student who struggles to understand the complexities of literature, simply because of classroom restrictions. We want to help you become insightful readers who are in-tune with assigned texts from cover to cover. Thus, we present to you: Jamie's Reader's Review! Our tutors are working with students to select books they are currently reading in class so that we can help them discuss the book and review its content. This process will not only reinforce student knowledge of the text's plot and themes, but will help build critical thinking skills necessary for college courses.
Students are required to bring notes and class materials, a notebook, and a copy of the book with them to aid in discussion with tutors.
Books Our Tutors are Currently Reading
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- A Raisin in the Sun by Lorianne Hansberry
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Saligner
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
- The Kitchen Boy by Robert Alexander
- Oedipus Rex and Antigone by William Shakespeare
- Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
- The Tragedy of Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
- Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
Don't see the book you're reading on our list?
Don't worry! Our tutors can accommodate you no matter what you are reading. Just let us know what you are reading when you make an appointment!