Our Do-It-Yourself Online College Planning Program
for students in grades 6 - 12
for less than $1 per day!
Our College and Career Readiness Curriculum Design Program will dramatically improve your student’s college and career preparedness. We offer 15 engaging online computer adaptive lessons per grade which cover critical concepts and skills in academic, college and career planning, financial literacy, and personal and social development. The curriculum is for grades 6 through 12 and is accessed through our Family Connection portal. It's online so student's can work on it at their convenience in the comfort of their own home or in-house with our staff.
Our program focuses on four main areas:
1. College Planning
2. Course Planning
3. Career Planning
4. Success Planning
One of the key challenges is that students have far less access to comprehensive information to guide them through the college admission and financial aid process. Now students can get all this information in one place on a month by month basis!
We provide the curriculum for students and their families to complete on their own time. Our staff can track lesson completion and content mastery. We offer weekly call-in information sessions to answer any questions that students or their families may have and it is included in the low monthly fee. This allows us to maximize our efforts to provide a base of knowledge with the opportunity for a more personalized approach by private appointments if the need would arise.
We recommend students complete one lesson per month starting as early as the 6th grade and continuing all the way through 12th grade. The yearly curricula build upon themselves so starting early gives students an added benefit. However, students can start College Knowledge at any time during grades 6 to 12. The curricula are built to pick up where students start and go forward. Students have the option to purchase a previous year curriculum for $199 per year. We suggest that high school students begin in the 9th grade curriculum and middle school students start in the 6th grade.
Our program assists students and their families with college planning in the following ways:
- Review student course plans to ensure they are on track to meet school graduation requirements;
- Research colleges, careers and scholarships and offer suggestion to align to student's needs;
- Review results of assessments to learn more about your student's interests and learning profile;
- Encourage goal setting as a recipe for success;
- Monitor and guide student progress during the college application process;
- Unlimited call in sessions to communicate with our staff so families stay informed;
- Monitor tasks and activities to identify early intervention opportunities;
- Coach and guide to ensure your student is making informed decisions.
The fine print:
- Price is $29 per month plus state and local sales tax. This price is for all class years, regardless of when a student starts.
- College Knowledge is on a monthly auto pay draft to a credit card only. No other forms of payment are allowed.
- The fee includes unlimited call in Q&A sessions.
- The general public can call in on the Q&A sessions to ask a question for $49 per session.
- Each grade year has 15 lessons. You can see our curriculum chart HERE
- Student will begin the curriculum based on their high school graduation year.
- The curriculum automatically rolls over to the next academic year on July 15. Therefore, students must have completed the current year's lessons before July 15.
- The curriculum is programmed so that students can just pick up at their grade level and not miss information. However, we recommend that high school students go back to the 9th grade curriculum and work their way forward. Middle school students should go back to 6th grade. We do not recommend taking a high school student all the way back to 6th grade, although it is available.
- Students can only be in one year of the curriculum at a time.
- Clients can purchase additional grade curriculum for a one time charge of $199 per year.
- Clients can suspend College Knowledge for periods of time without penalty by notifying Jamie Dickenson, LLC in writing. This would be for things, such as traveling abroad during summer for an extended period of time.
- Lack of funds is not sufficient reason to suspend. This would constitute a termination of the contract.
- If a client does terminate College Knowledge contract, there will be a reinstatement fee of $100.
- Calls to the office will be supported for technical support only. Our staff is not allowed to give out college advice over the phone. This should be discussed during weekly call in sessions.
- The College Knowledge Q&A sessions are a public format and are for general questions. If the questions are of a more personal nature, we suggest that clients set up a private appointment with one of our staff educational consultants at the regular hourly or package rate.
- Jamie's college planning services are on a retainer basis only. She does not offer hourly appointments with middle or high school students.
- All College Knowledge contracts will automatically terminate on July 1 after the student’s senior year.
- Register for the Q&A Sessions under the Weekly Sessions tab on our online appointment scheduling software.